macho adj : used of men; markedly masculine in appearance or manner [syn: butch]
EtymologyFrom macho, from Latin masculus
The striped mullet of California
- UK also /ˈmætʃo/
- male (belonging or referring to the sex having the smaller gametes)
- eyes (plural of jicho)
Macho can refer to:
- The property of being overtly masculine, from the Spanish word Machismo
- Massive compact halo object (MACHO), a general name for any kind of astronomical body that might explain the apparent presence of dark matter in galaxy halos.
- Macho (band), a short-lived disco group in the late 1970s.
- Machos, a community in western Ilia in Greece.
- Macho chili, a variety of chili pepper
- Macho, a Swahili word meaning "eyes."
macho in Swedish: Macho